Tuesday 4 December 2012

Time Capsule


There are lots of things you could put in a time capsule like really fascinating things but the best things are the things no one really appreciates. Things like simple pictures and a flag a pen and a journal a book and something I really love that I think people should know about and not be forgotten.  Nothing that was once very important should be forgotten.  However things are forgotten all the time, which sucks.  That is exactly why I think these things should be put in a time capsule. 
Let us start with some pictures, human beings live off of the fact that they never want to be forgotten, this is why Egyptians built pyramids and why Hollywood immortalizes their favorite stars with billions of pictures and names on walkways.  Everyone wants to be forever.  I want to put pictures of my favorite places and people in the time capsule.  Why?  Because I think they are amazing places breathtaking places and simple places.  Places where I feel safe.  Everyone has places they love to go and just be.  I want to share mine.  I’d also put pictures of my favorite people in, not just people of course but my dog and kitty too, they deserve to be immortalized.  Animals are wo/mans best friend and truth be told there is no one who loves me more than my dog.  Who can blame her?  I give her table scraps when no one’s looking just so she’ll love me. I want to savor the moments where I’m laughing when she licks my face and I want to be remembered as being happy with my dog and my friends. 
Next I’d put a journal and pen in the time capsule.  Eventually people are just going to give up pen and paper for good, which too will suck.  I think everyone involved with the time capsule or wants to should have the chance to hold that pen and write in that journal just to write their name or a story or a poem anything really.  That would be pretty awesome, to find a 100 year old pen and journal people wrote in and held, that would be mystifying.
The next thought is purely selfish (but not really); I think an AWESOME novel like Looking for Alaska should be included in the time capsule, it’s a really amazing book and I think everyone should experience the wonders of an awesome book.  Something that you don’t think will reel you in like it does, everyone should know about a girl like Alaska.  Books are powerful creations and if an author can truly capture your attention and your emotions and make everything seem real; it’s so beautiful, something that should never be lost.
Next is another purely selfish thought; there should most definitely be a Doctor Who tardis (time and relative dimension in space) toy should be put in the time capsule.  Why?  Because not only is it the best show ever but I want to know if the future really is like they show in the show because that would be totally awesome.  The Doctor is really a child at heart and he’s always lonely so I think more people should learn the things I learnt from that tv show.  From the show people can get a sense of what our past was like because not only did they go to the future in the show they went to the past as well and though they changed it most of the facts are the same.  It’s a fun way of learning history.
Lastly, I’d think to add the Canadian flag to show patriotism, plus what if they change the flag?  I know they haven’t in forever but if they do I think it would be interesting for someone to find.  What if Canada isn’t even a place anymore in the future?  How interesting would it be to find a flag of a place that doesn’t even exist in their time?   

No comments:

Post a Comment