Wednesday 21 November 2012

The Adventures of the Invincible Duncan


               Nothing is more exciting than the adventurous walk home; I walk home every day and make it a new adventure all the time!  Once there were lions traveling and once there was a ground of lava, everyday is an adventure when you think of it you just have to make the best of it!  All you need is imagination, that’s what SpongeBob said and I think he’s right.  I began my adventure as I walk away from the dreary place they call school.  I hate school; they never let us use imagination everything has to be black and white and dull. 
                My journey truly began when I reached the forest the forest is where the lions always rest; you can’t hurry through because you may wake them up.  I've never battled with a lion and I don’t think I ever would want to; I of course would come out on top though!  The invincible Duncan is what they call me!  A silly lion wouldn't defeat me but I’m not going to risk waking a lion and hurting him.  I gracefully pounced as if I was a lion myself, through the jungle of trees.  I step through vines of death and easily get past their foolish traps.  Soon I make it out alive and well with only a small scrap from tripping over a branch that resembled a snake so it was probably a snake playing tricks on me.  I never would of fell, I’m simply too graceful for falling.
                Sooner than I liked I had to walk across a civilized street, there was nothing for imagination on streets.  I began to create a story in my head.  I was a private eye on a mission.  Walking down the streets with a mysterious edge, I was going to save a kidnapped cat.  The kidnapper was a horrible disgusting monster.  The old hag had obviously withered with age and was horribly tempered.  I had to climb to save the Mrs. Snuggles but that was no issue because like I've said before, I’m the most graceful person there is.  I lifted myself from branch to branch climbing the old hag.  “Mew” “mew” “mew” is all I could hear, I had to save Mrs. Snuggles from this horrible catnapper!  I reached up and Mrs. Snuggles crawled across my arm and slinked over my shoulders like a scarf.  I climbed back down the withered tree and Mrs. Snuggles hopped off my shoulder.  I gave him and affectionate pat and continued on my journey, another mystery solved.
                Full of pride I walk off to my next adventure where I was stopped to have a conversation with Mr. Harold.  He had a really shiny head; I could swear he waxed it every morning.  Maybe Mr. Harold had little fairies that shined his head for him; they’d sit atop of his head with cloths and head wax.  Do they even make head wax?  Anyway he stopped me to tell me his wife had made cake for my mom, my parents were very close with the Harold’s.  Mrs. Harold was a great cook so I had to stop and get the cake; I mean seriously who doesn't like cake?  Mrs. Harold came out to greet me with the cake and I smiled happily, there is really nothing better than cake.
                I left the Harold home soon after that and jumped over the fence like a movie star.  I was soon faced with the wicked dog of my neighbors we played a game of who can chase who.  This isn't a fun game considering it is life and death for me and simply a work out for him.  I ran and ran, I jumped in the dog house and over it and after a long run I finally escaped him.  He is an old dog, he gets tired easily but he is still as vicious.  The dog house smelt like dog, big shocker right?  So once I escaped the dog and he got bored of our games I was hiding in the tipi.
                The tipi was just built and it was warmer inside than I expected, I felt like Peter Pan.  I wish I could fly; I’d fly around the whole world.  I would be a super hero I could save everyone!  I could save all the cats from evil trees and telephone poles.  There were small benches around the tipi so I jumped on them and between them to pretend I was flying.  This was an easy task and it was really fun, I was Peter and Wendy had disappeared and I had to go find her.  We were a dynamic duo and I couldn't complete adventures without her!  I knew I probably shouldn't have been in the tipi but I was having so much fun playing, I didn't notice when people walked in.  They stared blankly at me when they entered and I just kept flying.  When I finally noticed them I yelled “I MUST FIND WENDY” and grabbed the cake Mrs. Harold gave me and soared out of the tipi.
                Once I exited the tipi I saw my friends a few feet away I ran to them excitedly.  My face was red and I was laughing like a mad man.  They simply said “what happened?”  That is when I launched into an adventurous tale about how a simple walk home from school got so exciting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment