Thursday 20 September 2012

Writing Inventory

          I write in my spare time, but it is very hard to have spare time, I'm quite busy.  I try to write whenever I'm not reading or walking or doing yoga. My favorite writers are; Chuck Palahniuck, Christopher Pike, Sylvia Plath, Cassandra Clare and many more.  I am most influenced by Chuck Palahniuck though.  I love their writing because the words are beautiful and it is very well written.  The story captivates you and thats what I love in a book.  I don't tend to read anything that involves true events unless it has horror in it.  I love science fiction that is dark.  I love fantasy worlds that you can just jump into.  The writing that comes easiest to me is of course the type of writing that I can most relate to and is reflected by what I read and or think.  Writing that is challanging for me is when I am given a specific topic to write about.  Something boring like How to Make a Sandwich, or Discuss You're Christmas, informal writing I guess.  I think that kind of writing is dull. I don't want to tell you about my Christmas because 10 chances out of 10 I didn't do anything worth mentioning.
         I like most people, get their writing ideas from what they read, self thoughts, anything my imagination can come up with. I am currently not working on any stories, I wrote small paragraphs with ideas but I can't recall what they were. Just sentances I like I suppose. However, I am currently writing up gym projects, my most recent was on injuries in cheerleading.  I am expecially proud of the story I wrote based on a song I love, it got published and I've never been more proud of my work.  I normally only produce one draft for a school writing peice and for my own writing.  I love drafts because you can make them look brutal and write more ideas all over them. 
        I don't feel that I have many strengths as a writer however I know that my voice always come out and I really like discription.  I don't nessecarily have any weaknesses as a writer I suppose I could use better grammer and everyone could always use more interesting words.  My favorite subject to write about would be anything involving fantasy.  I like this because there are an endless amount of possibilities.  My second choice would be writing about an image or something to promt the imagination. My goals as a writer is to write more often and keep creativity on the climb.  I expect to do well in this course, I hope to anyway.  I expect to always have things done and done well. 
          
          

No comments:

Post a Comment